I Push Buttons

Whether I'm coding, writing, playing games, or pissing people off, it all boils down to pushing buttons.

January 02, 2011

Year In Review: 2010

1. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before? Competed in and finished a sprint triathlon; went on a cruise and to some new countries: St Maarten and Haiti.

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I made a couple of resolutions last year. The first was to write a new story on Ficly every day for a year. I did pretty well for a couple of months, but eventually I just couldn't make the time. My other was to read the entire New Testament, and I didn't make it through that for various reasons.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Eric and Carly had Cassidy, Jeremy and Ashley had Arwyn, Adam and Kristen had Connor, and Aseer and Celina had Josiah. That's a lot of babies!

4. Did anyone close to you die? Not this year.

5. What countries did you visit? On our cruise, we went to Haiti and St. Maarten, plus Puerto Rico, which might as well be another country. It was the best vacation ever!

6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010? A gaming computer. Which I got. Booyah! I would also like to have options for my morning commute.

7. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? October 13th, the day I left my 20s behind.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Is turning 30 an achievement? If not, I would have to say deploying the new version of our site at work and taking over technical development for another at the same time.

9. What was your biggest failure? I've put some weight back on, but not too much. I blame the construction at my gym which has eliminated half the parking so that I can't even get in half the time.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? I had the worst stomach virus I've ever had in my life in April, along with Courtney and a bunch of our friends. That was not fun at all.

11. What was the best thing you bought? My new gaming computer! It is ridiculously fast.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Jon Stewart. You know you're doing something correct when both the right and the left don't like you.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Congress. Again. I keep trying to vote these morons out, but most of the rest of my state is too ignorant and/or apathetic to see what is happening.

14. Where did most of your money go? Savings

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Our cruise and my new gaming computer!

16. What song will always remind you of 2010? Pretty much anything by Jupiter Sunrise, who Courtney introduced me to.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? The same
ii. thinner or fatter? Thinner still, I think
iii. richer or poorer? Richer

18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Writing

19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Looking for a parking space at the gym.

20. How will you be spending Christmas? We spent Christmas at Courtney's mom's and had a very nice time.

21. How will you be spending New Year's Eve? I helped Derrick install a light in his basement, and then we had a party!

22. Did you discover any great new websites in 2010? I just started using Google Reader at the end of this year. I love it. In terms of actual content, Scenes From A Multi-Verse is a hilarious new online comic.

23. How many weddings? My friend and co-worker Jeff got married in July, and Courtney's dad's cousin got married in September.

24. What was your favorite TV program? Stargate: Universe. Which they've canceled. :(

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? I don't think so.

26. What was the best book you read? A Storm of Swords by George R. R. Martin

27. What was your greatest musical discovery? Jupiter Sunrise

28. What did you want and get? A new gaming computer! Finally!

30. What was your favorite film of this year? Inception, by far. Christopher Nolan is fast becoming one of my favorite writers and directors.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned the big three-oh this year. We didn't really do anything on my birthday, but the cruise a few days later was part of the celebration.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Not losing an enormous amount of value in our condo.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010? Same as always.

34. What kept you sane? Lack of things to drive me insane.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Scarlett Johansson

36. What political issue stirred you the most? The TSA is destroying travel in this country.

37. Who did you miss? My family.

38. Who were the best new people you met? Chris and Victoria. We had a blast on the cruise!

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010: Life is a gift. You don't have to understand it. Just make the most of it.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: "Oh, if we had the power to trap anything that could hurt a human being inside a jar. We'd send it far from Earth and watch it explode in the sun to the cheers of everyone. But, alas, that can't be done." - Jupiter Sunrise, Arthur Nix

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home