I Push Buttons

Whether I'm coding, writing, playing games, or pissing people off, it all boils down to pushing buttons.

April 04, 2009

Quick Bits


  • Had a good time at game night at church last night. Went two for two in games of Blokus and went two for three in games of ping pong with Mike as my partner. I really miss ping pong; we used to have a table in the break room at the office, but they knocked that room out and ended up taking the table away. It was a good way to relieve stress or take a break, and I actually got to be pretty decent. When Quan was my office mate, we used to keep a tally on the whiteboard in our office. I think we had over 150 games on there at one point.

  • We opened a Roth IRA account for me this month. Now I have two retirement accounts. Aren't I responsible?

  • I played in one of the blogger poker tournaments on Wednesday night for the first time in a really long time. I finished third out of 77 and won $100. Not bad for not having played against serious competition in a long time.

  • This weekend is going to be NICE. Carly and Eric are coming over to play tennis tomorrow, and I'm definitely looking forward to that. We haven't played doubles in a long time. I should probably read up on the rules...

  • When we bought Tigris and Euphrates, we got one of the prints that didn't have enough treasure cubes to play the new side of the board. Those came in the mail this week! I'm sure you don't care.

  • Currently reading A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin. I am completely enthralled. I'm about a quarter of the way through the book, and I feel like I can recommend it. If you like fantasy, pick it up.

  • I haven't been posting my weigh-ins online recently, mostly because I got tired of it. However, I'm still working at it, and I'm down to 195 lbs now. I hope I continue to make good progress all the way until the beach trip.

  • It's solo season at church for me, apparently. I had one last week, Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone) by Chris Tomlin. I have one in our Palm Sunday cantata tomorrow, and I have one for either the Maundy Thursday service or the Good Friday service, I'm not sure which. I hope they all go as well as the first one did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home