I Push Buttons

Whether I'm coding, writing, playing games, or pissing people off, it all boils down to pushing buttons.

April 18, 2009

As Time Goes By

The weeks have been screaming along more rapidly as of late. I'm not sure why this is. Usually it's only the weekends that speed by, splashing water all over your new suit as you stand on the curb. Now, it's every day. I was always told that as you get older, the perceived passage of time increases along an exponential curve. I've not yet acquired thirty years of playing time in this Game of Life, and it's already going by faster than I'd like. Granted, I'd like for July to be here as soon as possible so I can visit my family and make the annual beach trip to the Outer Banks with friends, but I'm afraid that those brief lulls in the chaos will only fly by all the faster.

--

Last night we got together with friends at Sweetwater Tavern in Centreville for Jim's birthday dinner. (On a side note, I absolutely hate writing "Centreville." It's just so... British. I may have to start pronouncing it Sen-tree-vil to annoy people.) I hadn't been to Sweetwater in a long time, and I was looking forward to ordering the drunken ribeye, which is basically one of the best steaks you can get on the underside of $30. It was just as good as I remembered, and by the end of the meal I was stuffed. Good times were had by all.

--

It's absolutely gorgeous outside today. I'm glad this weather wasn't wasted on a workday. We're planning to go hiking today, probably down to Great Falls in Virginia. The Difficult Run path is a gorgeous walk and great for exercise. Hopefully Courtney will get back from her volunteer work soon so we can head out. She was supposed to be leaving early, but as of now, she is severely tardy. I may have to send her to detention.

--

I got a coupon for 10% off of a single item from Barnes and Noble in my email this week. It's pretty silly to use this on a book, as I usually buy mass market paperbacks, and that would save me a grand total of $0.79 or some such. I looked around the site and noticed they have an okay selection of board games. I was excited to see that they carried Carcassonne, which is a game I have on my wishlist at Board Game Geek (which is a phenomenal website, if you are fan of board games). I had some leftover money in my PayPal account, so I immediately placed an order, and it should be arriving on Monday or Tuesday of next week. I will be sure and write up an impression of the game after a few plays. This looks like it could be a good one to take to game night at church.

--

This comic makes me laugh. It's a fun idea, though I doubt it would be useful. Roxie already manages to communicate her utter disdain without artificial eyebrows. We are already well aware that our existence is merely tolerated. Taping objects to the cat would only assure our complete and unmitigated destruction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home