I Push Buttons

Whether I'm coding, writing, playing games, or pissing people off, it all boils down to pushing buttons.

March 10, 2009

Weekend Update

We had a pretty good weekend, for the most part. Friday night we went to church for Friday Fun Night. We brought several games, but we ended up playing "Apples to Apples" the entire time. It was good fun, and we introduced some people to the game who had never played before and ended up really enjoying it (despite the fact that I won two out of three games).

On Saturday, we got up early and went to the annual church prayer breakfast. I sang in a trio, which went pretty well, and we enjoyed some great breakfast food. While there, we decided that we would go play mini-golf with Eric and Emily in Germantown later in the afternoon (the weather was so nice!), after Courtney had finished with her volunteer work. When we got there, however, we were dismayed to discover that it was closed and wouldn't be open until May. Instead, we went to Maggie Moo's at Washingtonian Center, got ice cream, and watched in bewilderment as parents let their children climb over a chain fence to play on a giant, plastic train that was obviously not meant to be played on. I revelled in the irony that the one child to not climb up and play on the train had a mental disability. I predict he will go farther in life than any of the others; furthermore, the others will grow up with an inflated and undeserved sense of entitlement. See, parents? It starts with the plastic trains! Don't let your kid become a leech on society!

End hyperbole.

Saturday night we went to Mark's birthday party at Carly and Eric's, which was good fun. It was a James Bond themed party, so I put on the tux, and Courtney put on one of her nice dresses. There was great food, and a fun time playing blackjack, which I totally destroyed, thanks to an all-in play on the last hand where I was dealt Blackjack. As a prize, I won a $25 gift card, which is probably being held hostage until I remember to give Carly her Demetri Martin tickets.

The only down part of the night is that my allergies kicked in something fierce. I don't know what plant it was, but some species decided that two days with temperatures above freezing meant "shove pollen in Matt's face," and I was sneezing and blowing my nose for most of the latter half of the evening. It was so bad that I ended up staying home from church and on the couch for most of Sunday. Once my meds kicked in, I was fine, and I've been ok so far this week. Hopefully I won't be going through that again any time soon.

Stupid plants and their microgametophytes. That's right, I said microgametophytes. Look it up, kids. Or don't. I'm not the boss of you.

--

I've been doing pretty well with my diet and exercise, the birthday party this weekend notwithstanding. They fixed the scale at the gym, so I was able to do my weigh-in today. I'm one pound away from my first major milestone. Sweet!

Previous Weight: 204 lbs
Current Weight: 201 lbs
Goal Weight: 185 lbs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home