I Push Buttons

Whether I'm coding, writing, playing games, or pissing people off, it all boils down to pushing buttons.

March 04, 2009

A Busy Mind

My apologies; it's been almost a week, and I haven't posted anything. Shame on me. I'll go stand in the corner as soon as I'm done writing this. I haven't really written anything lately because I don't have anything to write. Now, when I say that, I mean that I don't have any polished ideas to write. I have a ton of things bouncing around back and forth in my mind, and, to tell you the truth, it's really kind of annoying.

I have really had the urge to write recently, but the problem is that I can't get my mind to focus on just one project at a time. Right now, I have three big ideas jostling for my attention, and each one of these is composed of many smaller ideas that are tightly interwoven. One of my ideas is to restart my online version of a Choose Your Own Adventure story, which I alluded to a few entries back when I posted the poll.

Several years ago, when I built my own "my first website" spot on the web, I had started this fictional tale where I would write until I hit a decision point, and then I would create poll and ask the readers what the protagonist should do next. It was written in first person, so it was actually people voting en masse on what they wanted to do next. It was actually quite popular among my circle of friends, and I would love to start that back up again. I'm just having trouble nailing down what the main plot line should be.

While that's rattling around upstairs, I also have two other writing projects I've been brooding on. The first is obviously the story I'm co-authoring with a friend. I've been thinking about some of the things we came up with a couple of weeks ago, and I think there may be some problems with some of our plot threads and characters. I've been trying to work around them in my mind so that I have something substantial to suggest when we end up discussing the issues. Naturally, when I start thinking of writing something, my mind constantly returns to the inconsistencies of this project, even when I'm trying to concentrate on something else.

The other story will undoubtedly become a personal task at some point in the near future. I don't remember what I was thinking about a few days ago, but this plot idea sprang mostly formed into my mind while I was on my way to work. I immediately opened a Google document once I got to the office and started making a plot outline. I've done some universe building here and there as the world continues to germinate in my head, and I think that this has the potential to be something really cool and unique. If only I could clear my mind enough to actually work on it. Of course, I have a limited amount of free time, and if I work on this personal project, I will be sacrificing time that needs to be spent on my cooperative project.

What I really need is for someone to pay me to not go to work so that I can play with my own projects. Venture capital for me to do what I want, basically. If you know of such a person or organization, please have them contact me with utmost haste. Thank you.

Now, off to the corner with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home