I Push Buttons

Whether I'm coding, writing, playing games, or pissing people off, it all boils down to pushing buttons.

February 02, 2009

Getting The Ball Rolling

I'm going to try and blog more. I've been on a reading binge lately, which inevitably leads to a writing binge, so I need to start flexing those muscles in my brain so they'll be ready when the time comes.

--

We had a good time visiting Matt and Sarah in Blacksburg this weekend. That town has definitely changed a lot since the last time I was there. They are building all over the place. I deliberately avoided going to the VT campus, as I want my memories of that place to remain untainted. My four years there were some of the best of my life. It's hard for them not to be, really. I made lifelong friends and met my wonderful wife while attending school at Virginia Tech. I want to keep all of those mental images intact as long as I can. Progress be damned.

--

Don't try to have sex with a raccoon. If you do, it will bite off your doodle. I'm pretty sure I didn't have to tell most of you that, but on the off chance you're a dude who is planning on having sex with a raccoon, I may have just saved you a world of pain, in which case you may buy me something expensive as an expression of your eternal gratitude. An iPod Touch would suffice.

--

We are probably going to cancel our cell phone plan and switch over to a pre-paid plan. Basically, the minimum number of minutes offered by the phone companies are way more than we ever use. I generally abhor speaking on the phone, so this should not come as a surprise. It turns out that if we switch to pre-paid phone plans we could save over $400 a year. That's just ridiculous. We're planning on going over to the Verizon store on Saturday to see what is involved in switching to this plan (we're pretty sure we have to buy a specific kind of phone) and if we'd get to keep our phone numbers.

--

The Superbowl was definitely an exciting game. I think it was a pretty horrible officiating job, but I didn't have any real emotional investment in the game, so I don't really care. Both teams played well and have nothing to be ashamed of. Well, everyone except for James Harrison, who should have been ejected from the game following his encounter with Aaron Francisco. That was just childish.

Is it just me, or do the Superbowl commercials suck now? It used to be they were the funniest/craziest/most interesting ads you would see all year. Now it's 75% car commericals and movie trailers. The only memorable one for me was the career builder one that looped over and over showing all the reasons people hate going to work. Any commercial that involves punching a koala wearing glasses is a win in my book.

2 Comments:

At February 2, 2009 at 7:11 PM , Blogger Courtney said...

I didn't realize until today that it was the same guy that got the 100-yard defensive touchdown. That makes it even dumber, because that should have been the greatest day of his life.

 
At February 3, 2009 at 1:23 PM , Blogger Robyn said...

Yep. Harrison could have been an MVP contender if it wasn't for that stupid little spat. And I thought the Doritos "crystal ball" commercial was pretty funny, but overall, I'm glad I didn't bother to watch most of them.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home