2008 Year In Review
1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before? A doctor. Giggity.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I have no idea, on both counts. If I made one, I didn't write it down.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Ashley (Aubrey), Kim (Brooke), and Nancy (Macy Jane).
4. Did anyone close to you die? My dog Heidi had to be put down.
5. What countries did you visit? Alabama. (This is a joke, kids.)
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? I don't know. I'm pretty happy with where I am right now.
7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? November 4th. Our country took a big step.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Being honored as an outstanding employee at my company.
9. What was your biggest failure? Gaining some weight.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Still have the pinched nerve in my right leg. I was also diagnosed with GERD, but Prevacid handles that well.
11. What was the best thing you bought? My HD TV. It rules.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration? Courtney, for persevering and not giving up and getting her PhD!
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed? Politicians continue to disappoint.
14. Where did most of your money go? Church, savings, 401k and house payments.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? The annual beach trip.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008? I don't really associate songs with years.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? the same
ii. thinner or fatter? a little fatter
iii. richer or poorer? richer
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Exercising and eating healthy.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Eating unhealthy foods.
20. How will you be spending Christmas? We went to Courtney's parents' place.
22. Did you fall in love in 2008? I fell a long time ago and don't plan on getting back up.
23. How many one-night stands? I agree with C. This question is now officially annoying.
24. What was your favorite TV program? I'd have to say Chuck.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? Nope. I'm a nice guy.
26. What was the best book you read? I think Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman was my favorite.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery? Gotta agree with C: Jackson Rohm.
28. What did you want and get? An HDTV!
30. What was your favorite film of this year? The Dark Knight, hands down.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 28 this year, and we went out to dinner at Ruth's Chris.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Winning the lottery? I guess that's kind of hard to do when you don't play, though.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? Non-naked.
34. What kept you sane? My sanity.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Yvonne Strahovski
36. What political issue stirred you the most? The presidential election.
37. Who did you miss? My family in SC.
38. Who were the best new people you met? Eric and Emily. Matt Duis.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008: If you build a giant planet-destroying space station, don't leave a hole in it that leads directly into the main reactor because eventually some punk kid in an X-Wing is going to come along and launch a proton torpedo into the thing, and then you're screwed. I actually learned this lesson a long time ago, but it still applies.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: "... a ..." I'll leave it as an exercize for the reader to determine where this lyric came from.