I Push Buttons

Whether I'm coding, writing, playing games, or pissing people off, it all boils down to pushing buttons.

December 02, 2008

I Suck At Blogging

It's true. I mean, I could write every day, but my life really isn't that interesting. I doubt people want to read about how there was no traffic on my way to work or that I got Japanese pan noodles for lunch. Let's face it: a list of my daily activities just isn't that entertaining. I should know, I live it. Maybe if I start feeling spiteful, I'll subject you to such boring drivel, but it's the holiday season, so you caught me in a good mood. Lucky you.

It's not just the fact that I have nothing to write about that has kept me away from my slice of internet real estate, though. I have a kind of ADHD when it comes to hobbies, and I flit between them at a moment's notice. Currently, I'm hooked on reading and some occasional poker. The good news is that this generally leads into a writing phase. The bad news is that this will lead into more inane blog posts for you to read. Sorry about that. If it's any consolation, the blog phase will pass, and I'll be playing video games or writing stories that you'll never read.

I just don't have enough free time to devote to all of the pasttimes that I'd like to participate in. I've come to the decision that I spend way too much of my life working, or getting myself to/from work. I have often thought of what it would be like to just drop everything and go somewhere else for a couple of years, but I'm just not that spontaneous. I also have a wife to love and support. If I were single, I would probably do it in a heartbeat.

But I'm not single. Or spontaneous. That's 0/2. I'd say that's really bad, but two is such a small sample size of characteristics that I can't really draw any useful conclusions from it, other than the fact that I'm highly unlikely to contract herpes.

Football season has been pretty good to me this year. Virginia Tech didn't do horribly for a rebuilding year, and hopefully they won't completely suck in the ACC Championship game. I won this year's group game of college Pick'em, and the fantasy football team that I co-manage with Courtney has sealed up third place in our league and is headed into the post-season. I think we have a decent shot at taking the whole thing down. This was my first year doing fantasy football, and despite the fact that our #1 draft pick (Tom Brady) was out for the season in the first quarter of the first game, we still managed to pick up the pieces and put together a really tough team. Next year I might even play for money.

We had a nice Thanksgiving vacation with my grandfather in Massachusetts, and didn't have to deal with any bad traffic, despite leaving the day before Thanksgiving and returning on the weekend. We have found the ultimate way to get to New England without having to deal with traffic. No I'm not going to put my secret out on the internet so all the millions of people who read my blog can ruin the roads for me. If I like you, ask me in person, and I'll tell you. If you ask me in person and I don't tell you... well, I think you can follow that to its logical conclusion. You're a big boy/girl/other.

Of course, I can always be bribed.

Holy crap. It's December.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home