I Push Buttons

Whether I'm coding, writing, playing games, or pissing people off, it all boils down to pushing buttons.

July 07, 2008

Slinging Chips

I may not be updating Matt on Poker anymore, but it does still pull in a tiny bit of ad revenue for me. This is in the form of points that I can redeem over at Poker Source Online. (PS - If you're interested, you can follow that link and check out the "Free Poker Money" section to get a free $100 to play with at Absolute Poker. No strings attached. You just can't take the money out until you play a certain number of raked hands.) With the last few months' worth of points, I decided to cash in for a $100 Absolute Poker gift certificate. There are pros and cons to this. The pros are that I get to play some poker again, and, hey, it's a free $100! The con is that I have to play on Absolute Poker. Compared to the other large poker sites on the internet, their software is pretty much the worst. Also, they're no stranger to scandal.

I'm willing to give them a break, though, mostly because I'm getting a free $100. I took my first dip back into the poker waters this evening with a $5 single table sit-n-go. For those of you not familiar with the terminology, this is a single table tournament of nine players, where the top three end up winning cash. I kept my cool, made a few well timed moves, and ended up winning the whole thing, quadrupling my buy-in. It's nice to know I haven't completely lost any skills I had when playing regularly.

I built up my first bankroll back in 2006 starting with just $30, so I'm hoping I'll be able to do the same thing again with this $100. The only problem is whether or not I will be able to stick to the low limit games and not blow what little cash I have available. I know how to manage a bankroll properly; it's just a matter of whether or not I become too frustrated to deal with it and tilt it all off. We'll see how it goes. I'll be sure to let you all know of any notable wins/losses that occur along the way, and I'll do my best to keep the bad beat story count at zero.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home