I Push Buttons

Whether I'm coding, writing, playing games, or pissing people off, it all boils down to pushing buttons.

July 12, 2008

Boston Photos

I finally got the photos developed from my trip to Boston. I forgot to bring the digital camera, so I was forced to buy some disposables. Very sadly, none of my interior photos of the churches came out at all. However, I do have some really good exterior shots of the city. I've included some of my favorites in this post, but you can view the whole photo set in my Flickr account.

A pretty cool view looking straight up the side of the tallest skyscraper within a several mile radius.



I don't know why, but I love this picture. It's just some random side alley off of Berkeley street, but for some reason the light and shadows really jumped out at me.



This is another one of my favorites. I managed to capture the sun setting just behind the top of the steeple of Old South Church.



I took several photos of other buildings as seen reflected by the windows of the massive skyscraper, and this one is my favorite.



Awesome skyline picture with some neat patterns resulting from the sunlight refracting off the camera lens.



This is Tremont Street, about two blocks from where I was staying. There were a ton of restaurants, luxury condos, and small businesses here. It was a really nice area.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At July 17, 2008 at 2:06 PM , Blogger drewspop said...

Hey Matt, just checking in for the first time in a long while. Hope all is well. Next time you are in Boston, you will have to let me know. Talk to you later.

 
At July 25, 2008 at 3:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

FYI - the massive skyscraper is the John Hancock building. What's interesting about it (and you might have taken a photo of this) is that it's the NEWEST JH building, which is next to two older JH buildings...yes, there are three in Boston. All were built by the John Hancock Insurance Company, if I recall correctly. Point being, when viewed from the appropriate angle, the glass reflects the two older buildings.

 
At July 25, 2008 at 4:52 PM , Blogger Matt Silverthorn said...

Thanks for the info. I actually had a conference (the reason I was in Boston) in one of the other John Hancock buildings across the street from it. I wasn't aware that there was more than one. Way to not let your ego get the best of you, John Hancock Insurance Company!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home